There are a number of different unit types that can be produced in Warzone 2100 and put to any number of uses. Infantry in the form of cyborgs are good for temporarily plugging holes in defenses and guarding access points in the terrain. Vehicles are customizable to the player's preferences with a number of propulsion, chassis, weapon and support system types.
- 1 Infantry
- 2 Ground Vehicles
- 3 Aircraft
- 4 Vehicle Component Combinations
- 5 Scavenger Units
The infantry of the 22nd century are not the huge formations of soldiers that composed the bulk of past armies. Instead, they are semi-sentient robots equipped with many of the same weapons available for use on vehicles. They have two chassis types and cannot be designed or altered as vehicles can. Chassis and weapons are listed below; chassis by armor values and weapons by damage output.
- Chassis: Light, 20/6; Heavy, 25/8
- Weapons: Machine Gun, 21; Rotary Machine Gun, 31; Flamethrower, 38; Super Autocannon, 61; Thermite Flamethrower, 66; Heavy Machine Gun, 70; Grenade Launcher, 75; Laser, 90; Railgun, 120; Super Hypervelocity Gun, 122; Superheavy Machine Gun, 131; Super Pulse Laser, 155; Super Railgun, 240; Scourge Missile, 460
Vehicles have a wide variety of uses and come in three categories: Light, medium and heavy. Light vehicles that use small chassis and weak weapons are fast and agile, making them excellent for scouting and probing. Medium vehicles that use standard chassis and average weapons are slower but more durable, and make up the bulk of most attack forces. Heavy vehicles that use large chassis and powerful weapons are the slowest but best armored, and should be kept in reserve for particularly tough battles. They can be created and altered as needed or desired in the design tab, built at the Factory and only be transported via the vehicle transport.
There are eight propulsion types, six in the game and five for use on vehicles. They are listed below by speed values. Each value point (1.0) equates to a 100% increase. Propulsion types marked with an asterisk (*) are not in the game.
- Track: Speed .98, Armor 3
- Half-track: Speed 1.17, Armor 2
- Wheel: Speed 1.37, Armor 1
- Naval*: Speed 1.84, Armor 3
- Hover: Speed 2.34, Armor 1
- Cyborg: Speed 3.13, Armor .5
- Helicopter*: Speed 4.21, Armor 1.5
- VTOL: Speed 5.47, Armor 1
There are fourteen chassis spread across four types, all with different armor and resistance values. They are listed below by type and kinetic/thermal armor value in ascending order.
- Light: Bug, 12/8; Viper, 16/4; Leopard, 19/6; Retaliation, 32/15
- Medium: Scorpion, 19/12; Cobra, 24/6; Panther, 28/9; Retribution, 38/20
- Heavy: Mantis, 28/18; Python, 32/9; Tiger, 35/15; Vengeance, 44/25; Wyvern, 44/28
- Superheavy: Dragon, 48/30
There are several weapon categories with different damage values and types, ranging from peashooter machine guns to barbecuing flamethrowers to target-tracking missiles to earth-shattering artillery. All the weapons below are listed by damage value in ascending order.
Formula: Weapon name, damage value, rate of fire
- Ballistic: Machine Gun, 17/150; Twin Machine Gun, 24/125; Heavy Machine Gun, 29/107; Assault Gun, 33/187; Twin Assault Gun, 33/187; Light Cannon, 61/20; Assault Cannon, 70/40; Twin Assault Cannon, 87/40; Medium Cannon, 105/15; Hypervelocity Cannon, 122/14; Needle Gun, 160/15; Heavy Cannon, 210/10; Railgun, 220/12; Gauss Cannon, 300/10
- Flame: Blaze Flamethrower, 49/35; Inferno Flamethrower, 70/35; Plasmite Flamethrower, 110/35
- Rocket: Mini-Rocket Pod, 38/70; Lancer, 183/8; Bunker Buster, 306/3; Tank Killer, 315/7
- Missile: Scourge Missile, 360/11
- Antiaircraft: Hurricane Turret, 70/100; Whirlwind Turret, 90/150; Sunburst AA, 131/27; Flak Cannon, 192/9; Avenger SAM, 450/;10 Vindicator SAM, 450/20
- Energy: Nexus Link, 2/600; Command Turret, 4/600; EMP Mortar, 60/6; EMP Cannon, 70/7; Flashlight, 100/30; Pulse Laser, 165/15; Stormbringer AA Laser, 255/100; Heavy Laser, 380/10; Plasma Cannon, 875/4
- Artillery: Mini-Rocket Array, 50/32; Pepperpot, 75/33; Mortar, 75/10; Ripple Rockets, 78/9; Incendiary Mortar, 100/10; Bombard, 150/6; Seraph Missile Array, 110/31; Hellstorm, 120/12; Howitzer, 150/5; Archangel Missile Array, 160/10; Incendiary Howitzer, 200/5; Ground Shaker, 350/2
- VTOL (multirole): Machine Gun, 26/150; Twin Machine Gun, 36/125; Heavy Machine Gun, 47/107; Assault Gun, 49/187; Mini-Rocket, 77/141; Cannon, 122/15; Assault Cannon, 122/40; Flashlight, 160/27; Hypervelocity Cannon, 245/12; Lancer, 288/11; Pulse Laser, 320/13; Needle Gun, 320/15; Bunker Buster, 350/3; Tank Killer, 420/8; Railgun, 440/12; Scourge Missile, 480/15; Heavy Laser, 720/8
- VTOL (bomber): EMP Missile, 0/6; Phosphor Bomb, 100/22; Cluster Bomb, 120/13; Thermite Bomb, 370/20; HEAP Bomb, 500/13; Plasmite Bomb, 1000/6
- VTOL (interceptor): Sunburst AA, 210/39; Avenger SAM, 450/10; Vindicator SAM, 450/20
There are thirteen systems spread across four types. Each type has a different function. Construction systems are used to build and repair structures. Detection systems are used to sight distant targets for artillery. Repair systems are used to repair damaged vehicles. Support systems are used to concentrate the fire of assigned combat units. The systems below are listed by construction/destruction speed, detection range and repair speed respectively; only the Command Turret causes damage. Systems marked by an asterisk (*) are not in the game but should be.
- Construction/Destruction: Truck Bed, 8/24; *Manipulator Arms, 14/42; *Atomic Assembler, 20/60
- Detection: Radar Detector, 1024; Sensor Dish, 1536; CB Radar, 2048; VTOL CB Radar, 2048; VTOL Strike Radar, 2048; Wide Spectrum Radar, 2260
- Repair: Spot Welder (Repair Turret), 15; *Oxyacetylene Torch, 30; *Electrochemical Binder, 45
Various configurations of VTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) aircraft form the basis of technologically advanced air forces. They are very fast and able to dodge most unguided weapons, but also poorly armored and easy to shoot down. There are four configurations: Multirole, bomber, interceptor and transport. Combat VTOLs can engage virtually any target and use most of the weapons available for ground vehicles; transport VTOLs are unarmed and can only carry the type of unit they are designated for. Combat and transport VTOLs must be built at the VTOL Factory.
Note: VTOLs have very limited ammunition and health. They don't stay airborne when inactive and must land on a VTOL Rearming Pad to be returned to combat readiness.
This configuration is used for the aerial bombardment of enemy bases and concentrations. It can only attack ground targets and is armed with various air-to-surface weapons.
This configuration is used for the aerial bombardment of enemy surface units. It can only attack ground targets and is armed with a cannon or rockets, but has greater loitering ability than a bomber.
This configuration is used to combat other VTOLs, particularly those of the bomber and interceptor configurations. It can only attack air targets and is armed with air-to-air weapons.
This configuration is used for general combat. It can attack anything and is typically armed with rapid-fire weapons like machine guns and assault guns.
This is the only unarmed configuration and is built specifically for the rapid movement of surface combat units to areas either on the current battlefield or to other places in the current area of operations.
Vehicle Component Combinations
Chassis, drives, weapons and systems can be combined to create a number of different designs. This is done utilizing the Unit Design tab in the Command Box when the Command Center is built. The Command Relay Center cannot perform this function.
Light Vehicle Combinations
Construction Truck Mk I: Light chassis, wheels, construction turret
Field Repair Vehicle Mk I: Light chassis, wheels, repair turret
Mobile Sensor Vehicle Mk I: Light chassis, wheels, sensor turret
Patrol Car: Light chassis, wheels, machine gun turret
Escort Car: Light chassis, wheels, twin machine gun turret
Attack Car: Light chassis, half-tracks, heavy machine gun turret
Assault Car: Light chassis, half-tracks, assault gun turret
Mobile Artillery Vehicle Mk I: Light chassis, half-tracks, pepperpot mortar/Hellstorm cannon/mini MRLS
Light Tank: Light chassis, tracks, light cannon turret
Field Command Vehicle Mk I: Light chassis, wheels, command turret
Medium Vehicle Combinations
Construction Truck Mk II: Medium chassis, half-tracks, construction turret
Mobile Sensor Vehicle Mk II: Medium chassis, wheels, sensor turret
Field Repair Vehicle Mk II: Medium chassis, half-tracks, heavy repair turret
Mobile Artillery Vehicle Mk II: Medium chassis, half-tracks, mortar/Howitzer cannon/mini-rocket array
Medium Tank: Medium chassis, tracks, medium cannon turret
Field Command Vehicle Mk II: Medium chassis, half-tracks, command turret
Heavy Vehicle Combinations
Construction Truck Mk III: Heavy chassis, tracks, construction turret
Mobile Sensor Vehicle Mk III: Heavy chassis, wheels, sensor turret
Mobile Artillery Vehicle Mk III: Heavy chassis, half-tracks, bombard mortar/Ground Shaker cannon/Ripple rocket
Heavy Tank: Heavy chassis, tracks, heavy cannon turret
Field Command Vehicle Mk III: Heavy chassis, tracks, command turret
Superheavy Vehicle Combinations
Superheavy Tank: Superheavy chassis, tracks, heavy weapon turret
Mobile Fortress: Superheavy chassis, tracks, 2 weapon turrets
Aerial Vehicle Combinations
Bomber: Heavy chassis, VTOL, air-to-ground weapons
Attacker: Medium chassis, VTOL, air-to-ground weapons
Interceptor: Light chassis, VTOL, air-to-air weapons
Multirole: Light/medium/heavy chassis, VTOL, multipurpose weapons
The Scavengers are incredibly resourceful and make ingenious use of any bit machinery or technology they find that can be repurposed to suit their needs. They're units are the fastest, cheapest and weakest units in the game, but employed in surprisingly effective probing and harassing attacks. In addition to infantry armed with assault rifles, they improvise vehicles from the ruined hulks of civilian and military machines.
Note: Units marked with an asterisk (*) are not in the base game and only seen in fan-created content packs, such as the Ultimate Scavengers and Scavenger Campaign mods.
Standard construction unit of the Scavengers, capable of building all structures and first-tier upgrades and repairing all ally structures.
Advanced construction unit of the Scavengers, capable of building all structures and first and second-tier upgrades and repairing all ally structures.
Most basic combat unit of the Scavengers, armed with an assault rifle. What it lacks in durability it makes up for in speed and surprisingly high damage output against light vehicles.
Basic combat vehicle of the Scavengers, used for scouting and reconnaissance. Armed with a machine gun.
Standard attack vehicle of the Scavengers, used for stalling actions and harassing attacks. Armed with a machine gun or rocket launcher.
Jeep Technical Truck
Advanced combat vehicle of the Scavengers, used for prolonged engagements with enemy light vehicle. Armed with a machine gun or rocket launcher.
Basic armored personnel carrier of the Scavengers, used to quickly transport a small number of infantry. Armed with a machine gun. Infantry inside can fire through weapon ports.
Standard armored personnel carrier of the Scavenger, used to quickly transport a moderate number of infantry. Armed with a heavy machine gun or light cannon. Infantry inside can fire through weapon ports.
Advanced armored personnel carried of the Scavengers, used to quickly transport a large number of infantry. Armed with a light cannon or rocket launcher. Infantry inside can fire through weapon ports.
Ice Cream Truck*
Basic armored combat vehicle of the Scavengers, used to engage enemy light vehicles and outposts. Armed with a heavy machine gun or light cannon.
Standard armored combat vehicle of the Scavenger, used to engage medium enemy vehicles. Armed with a medium cannon or mini-rocket artillery launcher.
Advanced armored combat vehicle of the Scavenger, used to engage enemy vehicles and penetrate enemy defenses. Armed with a flamethrower or light cannon.
Heavy multipurpose combat vehicle of the Scavenger, used for most engagements against enemy vehicles and bases. Can be armed with two weapon types.
Heavy lift unarmed transport of the Scavengers, used to quickly transport vehicles to distant locations. Equivalent to the VTOL transports of the other factions.
Standard combat aircraft of the Scavengers, used for a variety of applications. Can be armed with a wide range of weapons.
Advanced combat aircraft of the Scavengers, used to engage enemy aircraft.
All items (3)